Did you know that some of Shaws’ products contain toxic chemicals like formaldehyde and parabens? New research found toxic chemicals that can harm our families in numerous products, such as sensitive skin body wash and kids’ bubble bath, sold by Albertsons, parent company of Shaw’s.
Will you join us for an event at the Shaw’s in South Burlington:
- 570 Shelburne Rd, Burlington, VT 05401
- Friday, July 28th
- 12:30pm until 1pm
SIGN UP BY GOING TO THE FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE HERE. (and be sure to share the event with your Facebook friends)
Some retailers like Walmart, Target and CVS, are making meaningful progress in tackling toxic chemicals in products. But in the first-ever report card grading the largest retailers on toxic chemicals, Albertsons, parent company of Shaw’s, earned a grade of F with just 12.5 out of 130 possible points. The company has no public safety chemicals policy in place and has given no public indication that it intends to develop one.
This summer, we’re telling Albertsons and Shaws to turn up the heat on toxic chemicals!
Consumers across the country will be visiting Shaw’s, owned by Albertsons, for a week of action. You can help send a message that toxic chemicals don’t belong on Shaw’s shelves. As the second largest supermarket chain in the U.S., Albertsons has responsibility to get toxic chemicals out of its products.
On Friday, July 28th at 12:30, please join fellow Burlington-area consumers to send a message: Get tough on toxics!
Can’t make it in person, but want to fight back against toxics?
TAKE ACTION: Tell Albertsons to turn up the heat on toxic chemicals this summer! Will you take a minute to call customer service for Albertsons, the parent company of Shaw’s?
- Call (877) 276-9637. When you hear the recording, press 1.
- You can use these talking points. Feel free to put it in your own words and speak from the heart.
- I’m calling about toxic chemicals in your products.
- I’m concerned that Shaw’s sells products containing chemicals that are dangerous for our health.
- I want to trust that the products I buy from your company are safe.
- Please develop a comprehensive safer chemicals policy to promote safer chemicals in all your products. Shaw’s should be a leader on this important issue. Thank you!
- Tell us that you made a call. Email me and let us know how it went (Johanna@vpirg.org)
Albertsons is one of the top grocery chains in the US with subsidiaries like Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Acme, Shaw’s and Randalls and a total of 2,200 stores across the country. Albertsons has a responsibility to keep toxic chemicals off its shelves.
See you Friday, and thank you for fighting back for a toxics free Vermont!