The Vermont Public Interest Research Group (VPIRG) is seeking a full-time membership coordinator to steward and grow our statewide network of grassroots supporters.
The ideal candidate loves taking care of people and making sure things are done the right way. Strong written and verbal communications skills, attention to detail, excellent time management, and a keen eye for data and systems analysis will be critical to success in this role.
VPIRG is a fast-paced nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote and protect the health of Vermont’s people, environment and locally-based economy by informing and mobilizing people statewide. With tens of thousands of members and supporters across the state, we are truly a people-powered organization. As we look ahead to our 50th anniversary in 2022, we are working to grow our base and expand our impact to ensure that our next 50 years are as transformational as the last.
The Membership Coordinator, who is based in Montpelier (though staff are primarily working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic) and reports to the Development Director is responsible for the following:
- Serving as first point of contact for all incoming member inquiries and responding promptly and professionally through phone, email, or mail as appropriate
- Handling receipt and acknowledgement of gifts in a timely manner and going above and beyond to make our supporters feel appreciated
- Managing and growing our monthly giving program through established and innovative methods
- Tracking, analyzing, and presenting monthly giving data
- Ensuring our membership records are accurate and useful, identifying new ways to deepen our knowledge of our members, and coordinating the information systems to support this
- Participating in the planning and execution of a range of fundraising activities including phone banks, mailings, and major donor outreach
- Providing general administrative support as needed
We’re seeking candidates who are warm and welcoming, efficient, and detail oriented. You should have…
- The ability to manage multiple incoming requests, while ensuring they are relayed or handled at the appropriate time, in the necessary order and in the correct manner.
- Desire to learn and grow, refusal to make the same mistake twice.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and spot new tasks that you can take over.
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite software, including mail merges and spreadsheets, and EveryAction (our fundraising, contact management, and digital organizing database) and/or the capacity to quickly learn new software applications.
Past member services experience and knowledge of VPIRG’s issue areas are pluses, but not requirements.
Starting 1st year salary of $37,595 annually. Excellent benefits package including employer-paid health insurance and employer-matching IRA contributions or student loan repayment of up to 3% of salary. Four weeks of vacation and 10 personal days annually accrued and 11 paid holidays.
How to Apply
All applications are due by September 17, 2021. Apply online today using the form below.