Roles and Responsibilities:
- Recruit volunteers on campus or elsewhere for canvassing days by spreading the word among friends and peers and posting about the opportunity on various facebook outlets
- Commit to coordinating at least one canvass day of each weekend + Election Day:
- October 20-21st; Oct 27-28th; Nov 3rd-4th; Nov. 6th
For each day of Canvass Coordinating:
- Come in 2 hours early before the canvass to help cut turf, organize volunteers’ days, train newer people, help with general preparation and coordinating logistics for the day.
- If necessary, confirm canvassers on the morning of who have not been already
- Stay at the King Street office up to one hour after the canvass and record all of the data from the day into the database.
- Help Canvass Directors with other miscellaneous tasks or logistical challenges as necessary
- 10AM-12 PM – Prep and Travel
- 12AM-5PM – Volunteer Canvass (unpaid)
- 5PM-6PM – Data Entry
- Plus up to 1 hour of off-time recruitment
= up to 4 paid hours at $12.25/hour